Twitter Advertising for Small and Medium Sized Businesses
Twitter advertising for SMB – Is it worth it?
Twitter had recently introduced its advertising services and as one of the most popular social media networks, a lot of businesses tend to assume that it’s worth investing into – but is it really? While large companies and businesses with their legion of marketing experts and huge marketing budgets would find it easy to invest in new opportunities such as the ones being offered by Twitter advertising, the same thing cannot be said about SMBs or small to medium sized businesses who often find it to be a daunting task especially when they have no prior experience in paid social media network advertising.
For SMBs operating with limited resources, how are they to know whether or not Twitter ads are worth investing into or not? While one may argue that every business is distinct in its own way, there are several factors across businesses of various sizes that make Twitter advertisements successful for some businesses and a desperate struggle for others.
How can Twitter advertising be of benefit to you?
- Direct Twitter users from the social media network into your business page – Twitter advertising functions very much like a typical search engine – ads are shown only to targeted demographics. This means that you can target specific keywords, followers and website visitors as well as captivate people who share similar interests in what you have to offer. As a social media marketing tool, Twitter enables businesses to effectively customize their ad messages and provide an experience that offers value and relevance among target prospects yielding higher and more profitable conversion rates.
- Affordable cost – Advertising through Twitter is fairly affordable (often cheaper than PPC). Some keywords on Google’s paid search can cost you more than a hundred dollars per click. As the most dominant search engine on the planet, Google is almost always filled with ads many of which carry premium cost. Although its cost is not always lower, Twitter advertisement often present an affordable and cost-efficient alternative for SMBs and you can just as easily perform trials to assess results.
- Specify your own audiences – Advertising with Twitter lets you take advantage of some pretty impressive features especially the one called “Promoted Accounts”. The idea is to acquire more followers with interest-based targeting. Targeting can be as broad or specific as you like enabling you to acquire the kind of audience that best suits your business.
What to look out for in Twitter advertising
- Reporting and tracking results – One thing that you should know about Twitter advertising is that it’s reporting and tracking tool is not nearly as powerful as most web marketers would like. If you are using Adwords to manage your web marketing campaign, you may be in for quite an adjustment with Twitter where you will find no geographical and daily reports. This can be a significant drawback for people who value measurable data to make sense of their marketing effort. All you can do is keep track of key metrics yourself on a day to day basis including the number of clicks, leads, followers, cost per lead as well as cost for engaging leads.
- Limited support – SMBs will find very limited support from Twitter when it comes to troubleshooting issues or discussing marketing strategies for Twitter ads. It’s not something that is unique to Twitter as a social media network but it can present a significant disadvantage for small businesses when they can’t afford to employ teams of experts to regularly keep track of their account and offer professional insights and advice.
- Limited parameters for ad campaigns – Unlike Adwords, people need to manually adjust the parameters of their ad campaign. Twitter does not offer a feature to automatically run or stop your ad campaign on set days nor increase or decrease your bids as necessary which can put SMBs at a disadvantage. To compensate, you can set a low daily budget keeping bids lower than that of Twitter’s bid suggestions and adjusting start and end dates for your Twitter advertising campaign – manually that is.
Indeed Twitter ads can present a great approach for SMBs looking to create a good consumer base to connect and market to, ultimately making a sale and yielding profits. Make no mistake though – investing in Twitter advertisement requires good account management, creativity and consistent effort. It’s not easy but it certainly has its advantages!
Social Proof and Social Media Marketing
Social Proof – What is it all about and how it relates to social media marketing?
A person’s decision to buy or invest in a particular product or service online can be influenced by various factors – among the most significant of which is social proof and how you can leverage your social media marketing efforts with it. Statistics from Google shows that approximately 70 percent of online consumers check out product reviews prior to actually buying something online. More than 60 percent of these people purchase products or services from websites that have reviews or ratings by previous consumers or clients. Online reviews and ratings are just one kind of social proof that you can find online in social networks and shows just how much people can be influenced by purchasing decision and experiences of others which clearly demonstrates its power as an online marketing concept and one that business owners need to leverage.
So what exactly is social proof? Also known as “social influence”, it is the idea that people can be influenced to conform to the purchasing decision of others. It’s a validation that consumers often need saying that “if other people are buying or investing in it and are finding much satisfaction for doing so, then I trust that I should as well”. You can use such a validation as a powerful motivator in your online marketing efforts for your business website and various networks life Facebook and Twitter to effectively influencing the purchasing decisions of your prospects and website visitors.
Now social proof as a marketing concept actually isn’t new and it is not only limited to web marketing. For instance, you’ll find television shows playing recorded laughter and applause for the audience, to better instil the perception that they are worthy of laughter or applause. You will also find books boasting the thousands of copies a particular title had sold, elevating it’s recommendation it as a worthy read. The rise of social networks and social media marketing had only made it easier to exploit and leverage as a marketing tool.
Sources of Social Proof
- Users – approval from actual users of a particular product or service in the form of reviews, testimonials and case studies
- Experts – approval from credible and reputable experts
- Celebrities – endorsements from popular and well-known personalities
- Group or Crowd wisdom – approval from a group of people or organization
Leveraging social proof for social media marketing
- Mentions via social media networks can be an excellent source for social proof – Monitor social media networks like Facebook and track positive mentions about your business and feature it for all your prospects to see.
- Embedded Tweets – Twitter features embeddable tweets that you can use to leverage social proof. If you find positive tweets about your business, you can embed such tweets on your business website or case studies to credibility and authority.
- Social plugins – Plugins for social networks like Facebook presents an excellent way to leverage social proof from friends or groups of people. Such plugins in the case of Facebook includes the recommendation plugin, Activity Feed and Like Box which you could link to your blog or website which presents your social proof to the forefront.
- User-generated content – Existing customers can be an excellent source of social proof for your business. Avid fans are often more than happy to do these things for you which means less work on your hands. What’s more is that user generated content is often perceived as more positive and genuine yielding more conversion rates.
- Social Media Follow or Share Features – Follow and share buttons on social networks make it easier for subscribers and fans to share your content. Make use of it! Ensure that you have follow/share buttons on all the web content that you create – that means everything from landing pages and eBooks to blog posts. If it is easier for people to follow and share our content then the more likely it is for them to share it with people greatly improving your reach and spreading social proof that will benefit your business.
- Statistics – What are your business’ most notable statistics? Do you have an impressive number of blog subscribers? How long have you been in business? Is your high customer satisfaction rate something to brag about? All of these statistics are excellent possible sources of social proof.
- Notable mentions via social media and blogs – Blogs and social media can be an excellent source of expert social proof and it’s something that you shouldn’t overlook. See to it that you keep on top of things and make it more social media marketing friendly.
- Ratings and Reviews for Products and Services
- Testimonials and Case Studies
- Advertising via Social media networks
Indeed social proof and your marketing efforts via social networks is a crucial resource that no one in the online marketing business should ever overlook. To improve your chances of success in web marketing, one must do all that they can to leverage it! Take those great tweets, reviews, case studies and testimonials to the forefront. They are not going to do you any good if people are not able to see it!
Timeline and the Many Recent Significant Changes in the World of Facebook Marketing
The new “Timeline” and other significant changes in Facebook marketing
It used to be that Facebook marketing had the upper hand when it comes to the shelf life of posts and updates compared to social networks. If you’ve been marketing with Facebook for quite some time though, you would know all too well that this is certainly no longer the case. Facebook had undergone a lot of changes over the years the latest of which is the addition of a new feature called “Timeline” which promises to change the way we look at marketing in this particular social media network – the life of Facebook status updates is diminishing rapidly than ever.
Now Timeline isn’t actually the only dramatic change Facebook developers had introduced over the years. Homepage feeds now feature a more Twitter-like feel populated with Tickers showing live updates from friends. The latest content published now relies on the most recent updates found on the Facebook feed. All these changes bring us to the latest and most controversial update – the Facebook Timeline.
Strategic posts and update via improved user news feed
Facebook’s Homepage News Feed used to offer two viewing options – “Top Stories” which features post from your friends with most numbers of comments and likes and “Most Recent” which gives you the most recent updates. Most users had their account set to “Top Stories” by default and didn’t even know it enabling them to see the most popular stories discussed by the community. It was not long that the social network aggregated the two with its “Edge Rank” algorithm which automatically decides what is most significant for individual Facebook users based on the profiles or pages that they usually visit and how popular and recent it is to the rest of the community. It approximately takes about 3.2 hours on average for a Facebook marketing update to reach half of its shelf life after reaching its peak and it is expected that with the new Timeline, this average will be even shorter.
Facebook marketing takeaways
Considering the diminishing shelf-life of Facebook posts and updates, it is now even more crucial for business owners engaged in marketing with Facebook to determine which hour or time of the day your Facebook social media posts or updates are most effective. You can use Facebook insights to determine the specific times that you are garnering the most engagement and responses from fans and followers. Social media marketing professionals can expect most of their Facebook users to click on their content approximately 2 minutes after sharing it and if that is indeed the case and you only have less than 3 hours to grab as much attention and interaction as you can, you better make sure that you are doing your posts and updates when most of your target audience is most likely to see it.
Posting once a day – it just doesn’t work anymore in the world of Facebook marketing
If you’ve been on the Facebook social network for your social media marketing needs for quite some time, then you would know its old rule of thumb which was to posts on a regular basis but no more than once each day to ensure that it garners enough attention without spamming the social network. With all the changes on Facebook – the Edge Rank algorithm, Ticker and now the new Timeline, this rule of thumb simply ceases to apply. Limiting your posts to just once a day with all the changes mentioned earlier would mean that you’ll have to deal with significantly lower chances of getting your target audience to see it. After approximately 3 hours, your posts and updates are old news and before you even think about spamming the network you should know that such a course of action won’t do you any good as it will quickly be overtaken by tons of other unique updates courtesy of the Edge Rank algorithm.
Now it’s not to say that you should just focus on making as much unique posts and updates within a single day. Doing so won’t do you any good if you let it adversely affect quality least you risk deal with negative backlashes in your social media marketing efforts. It goes without saying that all these updates mean more work for social media marketers. On a lighter note, these are clearly aimed at providing users with quality, relevant and updated content!
Automating your Social Media Marketing Campaign
Social media marketing campaign â is it a good idea?
Social media seems to be the last place one ought to do any automation as social media marketing demands a high level of transparency and engagement to succeed. There is no way that you can automate the âhuman elementâ and you canât have a robot represent your business in social networks right? Despite the significance of lending a personal touch to your business presence in web marketing and social networking, automation doesnât need to be harmful to your online marketing efforts across various social networking platforms. Automate it just right and it can prove beneficial to your business although this begs the question, how does one go about doing this though?
Automating your social media efforts
Social media marketing tools
Look around and youâll find that there are practically hundreds of tools out there aimed at enabling people to automate their web marketing efforts across social networks. Be wary of using them though â practice and get the feel of a particular tool before going all out and automating your posts and updates least you end up doing something disastrous like ending up posting hundreds of content in a single day. Of course even with the right tools youâll have to allocate ample time and effort to keep your social media campaigns well supplied with the âhuman elementâ in the form of interesting posts and comments engaging followers and fans.
You probably have various fans and followers connected to your business across various social networks. The last thing you should be doing is bore them to tears by automatically putting up the same content across various social networking platforms. Consider the leverage that a particular social network offers and diversify your content. For example:
- Google+ is a good platform for publishing and sharing visual content
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation
- Facebook is a great place to explain and convey your thoughts and ideas regarding your content, products or services and niche market.Â Use it as an opportunity to engage fans and followers with comments and insights eliciting more engagement and traffic
Â Never forget your roots
Success in social media only comes to those who had shown dedication in interacting and engaging their fans and followers. Think twice before automating anything and approach it with the sole intention of supplementing your social media marketing efforts or you may end up having to deal with serious backfire or backlash which can adversely affect your brand or business. Users of social networks are immediately turned off with the slightest suspicion that they are dealing with a robot or automated system. Make sure that you are quickly and reliably notified every time you receive a message, comment or replies among your fans and followers which would enable you to push out content that is genuinely âyouâ and be able to provide quick and reliable responses.
Â Automatically scheduling content, posts and updates at the right moments
Among the significant perks of automation in online marketing when it comes to social networking is that it provides the added convenience of scheduling your posts and updates. You need to consider a couple of things though â when are fans are followers more likely to interact with your brand or business? Keep track and anticipate such times. After all, you wouldnât want to create a stir on Twitter garnering a lot of responses and reactions from your fans and followers and not be around to respond to them because youâve just decided to take a couple of days off.
Automation in your web marketing efforts across social networks is not necessarily bad. One only needs to learn to properly and appropriately use it in moderation.
Quality content – More important than you think in today’s highly competitive world of internet marketing
Quality Content and its significance in today’s Competitive World of Internet Marketing
Quality is king! You’ve probably heard a lot of people in the internet marketing business say it like it’s a motto or an old saying but many still fail to appreciate or simply doubt its significance thinking that the technical side of SEO or social media marketing is enough to achieve their goals. If that sounds a lot like you then you ought to think otherwise or else your web marketing efforts are going to be buried alive. Here are a couple of reasons highlighting the significance of quality content and why its more important than ever especially this year 2012 wherein the web marketing scene had and is expected to see a lot of changes.
Reasons why your business is sure to hit the curb without quality content in internet marketing
Facebook’s Timeline – demanding more quality content
By now you’ve probably heard of Facebook’s new feature called “Timeline” and with it come significant changes in internet marketing and social media marketing. Strategies like daily posts and updates are out the window as News Feeds only feature the latest updates. Same goes for spamming users with shallow and uninteresting messages or updates meant to merely grab attention as the network cracks hard on users found to be guilty of spamming their contacts. Quality content is the way to go if you are looking to succeed in your web marketing efforts with Facebook as it shows users that you are actually contributing something remarkable, useful or interesting in people’s eyes.
The brief shelf life of social media updates
Studies conducted by URL shortening services like Bitly indicates that average time it takes for a tweet to reach the end of its shelf life after reaching its peak is approximately 2.8 hours with Facebook updates averaging slightly longer at 3.2 hours. It’s not to say that you just need to post a lot more to keep your brand or business to the top (your fans or followers will surely notice and be annoyed if you are sending the same updates over and over again) bit more importantly, you need to introduce quality and diverse content. Doing so will help you keep your fans or followers clicking, liking and sharing your content effectively increasing your business presence.
Google – cracking down on those who are merely farming content
Google’s efforts at targeting websites that spam junk and uninteresting content with low quality that is littered with ads practically guarantees that any business guilty of the latter are going to get kicked into the curb. What this tell us is that one cannot rely on SEO strategies and methodologies alone. You need to pair it with high quality and valuable content to be truly effective. Let’s say that the world of web marketing is place where you don’t want any junk content lying around.
More and more businesses are expected to jump in on the content bandwagon
Given the circumstances mentioned above, its easy to see why more and more businesses are predicted to step up their game and begin nailing the creation of quality content. As the world of online marketing, SEO and social media marketing becomes more adept at putting up and distributing such content, one can expect to have to put up with more clutter content making it difficult for business to stand out. The only way to do so would be to come up with content that is truly remarkable and outweighs the ones being featured by your competitors.
External production of content by niche authorities or industry experts
Ever heard of guest blogging? Well its exactly what it sounds like – you invite niche authorities or industry experts to generate content for your website which will add value and authority to your business. In the same way, one would also convey their willingness to do the same thing and contribute content for the blogs or websites of industry experts which will show the online marketing community that you are not only open to conveying your insights and ideas but this will also give your business a good inbound link. Needless to say, these are leverages that would be forever out of your reach if you fail to appreciate and implement the significance of quality content in internet marketing.
Approaching Social Media marketing
Social media marketing solutions
As you probably already know, social media marketing pertains to the effective use of social networks like Facebook and Twitter to promote and advertise one’s business. Just as it is with conventional marketing solutions though, it is crucial that you give your targeted consumers a reason to actually check out the products or services that you have to offer. The same thing can certainly be said about using social media as a web marketing tool. There is no “one size fits all” solution when it comes to internet marketing though and depending on your business, you have to figure out the best and most effective ways to captivate people and entice them to check out what your business actually has to offer.
Tips for captivating people’s interest in social media marketing
Conventional marketing solutions for companies and brick and mortar businesses often implement special offers and promotions to encourage sales and profit. The same thing can fairly be incorporated to your social media marketing campaign enticing people to click on your link and actually visit your website. Let’s say you want to boost the visibility of your business on Facebook, you can feature offers like giving away prizes for several lucky fans who’ve “liked” your business page.
Now if you cannot afford to handle additional expenses to further promote or advertise your business, there are other ways that you can look into to captivate the eyes of your prospects. For one thing, you can do allocate a good portion of your updates and posts inviting people to check out your website. You can also create valuable site traffic by posting inspirational or motivational quotes and news relevant to your niche market through posts and updates. Including links to your business page or website by using it as signature or tag line will certainly help.
Now these are certainly but a few of the things that you can do to captivate the interest of your online consumer base through social networks. Now keep in mind that what works for one person may not necessarily work for you. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results so try to figuring out your best and most suitable approach to social media marketing
Social Media Marketing 101
A good look at social media marketing
Are you planning to put up a website as a means of generating sales and profit for your business? Well if you want to succeed then it is a given that you ought to think about solutions aimed at effectively advertising and promoting your website online. Social media represents one of today’s most effective and popular solutions in online marketing. What exactly is social media marketing though?
Now if the term “social media” is relatively unfamiliar to you, it simply pertains to any of the number of social networking websites which includes Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler and Myspace just to mention a few. These website are excellent solutions in internet marketing as they effectively improve one’s business presence online. Think about it – with these platforms you can inform people about your website, products and services just as easily as you can create new contacts and get in touch with family and friends. Unlike other online marketing solutions, social networks enable you to advertise and promote your website to people beyond your direct influence which includes your contact’s contacts and the contacts of their contacts and so on.
Social Media as an online marketing solution for your business
The great thing about social media is that it is ideal for any business looking to establish a business presence online regardless of niche market. If you have any doubts then you can very well look into this yourself. Try to go into your personal Facebook account and look for local businesses – jewelry shops, restaurants and even large companies like McDonald’s. You’ll find that if these businesses have one thing in common, it’s the fact that they are likely equipped with their own Facebook page and there’s certainly a good reason for that!
Now Facebook is just one of many social networking sites available to you. Many companies or businesses had invested much in establishing a business presence on as many social media websites that they can find. It’s all because they’ve realized that social media marketing represents one the best and most efficient ways of promoting their respective business as well as improving their customer reach and you should too!
If you are looking to start an online business or if you wish to grow your existing online consumer base then you certainly shouldn’t miss out on what social networking can do for you as an online marketing tool. It is not to say that you should hastily jump in on whatever social networks you can find. Take the time to do a fair amount of research and choose the social network that best suits your internet marketing needs. Establish a business presence on as many social networking sites that you can possibly update and maintain. Make no mistake – it can be a daunting and tedious task but one that has the potential of bringing you more business than you can handle if done right.
Capitalizing on Storytelling in Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing and the art of storytelling
Social media marketing isn’t just about telling great stories. It’s all about encouraging your customers and prospects to do the storytelling for you. Effectively forging the connections that link businesses with prospective customers and the quality or value of your connection dictates how effective your social networking campaign is. These connections truly define online businesses in social media networks as they engage their customers in meaningful conversations among other things.
Now it’s great and interesting stories that fuel these conversations and enables internet marketing businesses to be a trusted source and find success in various social media platforms like Google+, Twitter and Facebook. Internet marketing content that makes people tells positive and interesting stories about your products and services elicit the most engagement and conversations in social networks.
Ways to effectively tell a story with social media marketing content
The manner in which you create and present your web content greatly determines the success of your internet marketing campaign in social media. How do you create web content that resonates so well with your target market that it maximizes your chances of getting your story retold spreading the word about your products or services and what you are all about? Here are a couple of ways that you can capitalize on “storytelling” when it comes to creating your web content and grant your business more success in social networking:
- Don’t hesitate to share and talk about your mistakes. Doing so will help you spark genuine interest among your fans and followers. Shared experienced are very endearing and helps people relate to your business and effectively humanizes it. It shows that you are not solely concerned about marketing to the online community but more importantly, be an influential part of it.
- Make use of user-generated online content. The amount of user-generated content created by bloggers and ordinary citizens which can be found online had practically exploded with the introduction of social media networks. That explosion can be leveraged by internet marketing businesses by acting as a trusted and reputable guide filtering useful and quality user-generated content and routing it to their target audience. Be that guide and keep in mind that you may need to edit these content for quality as you route them to your audience.
- Respond to current events and news relevant to your niche or industry. Discuss how these will affect your readers and spin it in a way that it directly relates to your industry or niche market. This makes news or current events less abstract and personalizes it in a manner that your targeted readers will find it helpful and relevant.
- Exert an effort to personalize your content. What does this actually mean though when it sounds way too generic? Well it means among other things, telling people why you are discussing a particular subject and its importance to you. Share its personal significance to you and you’ll likely get people to think why it ought to be useful or important to them too.
- Feature case studies and cite real life examples highlighting your experiences or that of your customers. You can cite individuals that are doing things right regardless of whether they are in your network or not. If you are unable to cite real life examples, you can come up with a case and create your own characters that will serve to exemplify you target reader’s persona. Projecting your content into real life situations will create a good impact on your target audience improving your chances of getting people to share your content.
- Don’t be overly concerned about sounding intelligent and smart. Just talk like a human being. Doing the latter often have the negative effect of sounding too condescending or alienating towards your target audience. Create your social media marketing content with the intention of forging good relationships with people and not just bombard them with marketing content in the hope of making a sale.
A Good Look at Creating Social Media Marketing Updates on Twitter
Twitter as an effective Social Media Marketing Platform
Twitter is one of today’s most effective platforms for promoting and advertising one’s products or services through social networking. It enables people in the internet marketing business to engage and reach out to customers effectively but only if it is used effectively. Unfortunately many people in the social media marketing business haven’t got a clue when it comes to the effective use of Twitter social media marketing updates.
Tips for creating a good and effective Twitter social media marketing update
There are a couple of things that people can do to make good use of Twitter as a social marketing platform. As you may already know, one of the significant challenges facing people in the internet marketing business is the fact that the characters available for creating a Twitter update is severely limited at only 140 characters – that’s a heck of a lot shorter than a text message. Thus people depending on it as an effective social networking platform need to know how to make the best out of their tweets. Here are a couple of tips that ought to help you do just that:
- Make sure that you have a professional and good profile image. This image will be published every time you make a tweet using your business account and will show next to your social networking update so you have got to make it count. It would be best to use a logo that best represents and identifies your company. Make sure that it is well formatted as a small thumb nail image.
- Make sure that you put in a link that directs users to your site. Never forget one of the main reasons why you are on Twitter in the first place and that is to effectively create targeted traffic and leads. Put in website links to your tweets, landing pages, blogs and other internet marketing content. If you find that your links are too long, you can use URL shortening services such as bitly to shorten it giving you more room to make an interesting and engaging Twitter social media update.
- Plan ahead for manual “retweets”. Retweeting your Twitter social media marketing updates is an excellent way to extend your reach to go beyond those that are directly under your network. Most people interact with tweets manually because it allows them to put in their own comments or feedbacks. You need to leave some room for these comments by keeping limiting your tweets to a maximum of 110 to 120 characters.
- When doing Twitter social media marketing updates, you can occasionally reference industry leaders in your niche market with an “@mention”. Put this in at the middle or towards the end of your tweets and never at the beginning. You certainly don’t have to do this but referencing a credible and reputable source can draw in more attention to your Twitter social marketing updates.
Improving Online Business Visibility with Twitter
Twitter is one of the most effective social media marketing platforms used by people in the internet marketing business and if it’s your first time being on it for your marketing and advertising needs, like so many others you’ve probably felt like you were stepping into a huge crowd. Tweets are everywhere that you can barely keep up with the stream and it seems everyone is already engaged with one another that it’s impossible to get a hold of anyone. How can you possibly get prospective customers to notice you and improve your brand’s Twitter visibility? Here are a couple of tips that you can look into to help you do just that.
Tips for Improving your brand and visibility on Twitter
Promoting others on Twitter
Now this may not make any sense to you – you are on Twitter because you wish to use this social media platform to get noticed and now I am saying that it’s actually a good idea to promote others? Although it may not seem apparent, promoting others is actually one of the best ways to improve Twitter visibility. Think about it – humans are social beings and if you take the time to find tweets that are of interest to you and relevant to your niche market and engage them in a sincere and genuine conversation you’ll encourage others to “retweet” you and check what you are actually all about. You may be surprised what these conversations can do for your business.
Twitter Chat Participation
Another great way to improve your social media marketing efforts is through active participation on Twitter Chat. With Twitter Chat, you’ll be able to meet a lot of people interested in the same topic or niche market as you are. It also presents a great opportunity for you to learn more about the subject as well as better understand the needs and expectations of your targeted consumers.
Come up with quality and personalized content
Thousands of people are on Twitter and they all have something to say and posting them. It’s enough to have a few followers on your network to get your twitter streams bustling with activity. If you want to stand out and actually get noticed by your prospects, you’ll have to come up with unique and personalized content that generates as much interest and engagement as possible.
Grab every opportunity for engagement
Opportunities for internet marketing abound in this social media platform in the form of customer engagement. You need to grab every opportunity out there to leverage your business. For one thing, you can thank and check out the profile of users who have retweeted your posts and check out their blogs if they have any to just stay in touch and show your appreciation. If you find people talking about an interesting subject relevant to your niche market, take the opportunity to jump in and discuss it with them.
Make good use of Twitter tools
You can certainly use every help that you can get your hands on in internet marketing or social media marketing, Twitter as a social media platform is certainly no exception. There are tools that you can use with valuable function like tweet auto-schedules which will help you match everything with your editorial schedules. Don’t make the mistake of completely automating everything though because it is important to emphasize the human element on your Twitter visibility. More importantly, don’t forget to keep track of results with analytic tools – after all, you can’t improve something that you are not measuring.